Jewels of Morocco
Exotic and fascinating, the Kingdom of Morocco is rich in history and culture, offering intriguing historical sites, authentic cuisine, and changing scenery that is perfect for exploring and learning about a new destination. Taste authentic Moroccan cuisine and take in the sights and sounds of this fascinating city. This affordable vacation to Morocco is truly an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Day 1 – Arrive in Casablanca, Morocco
- Check into your hotel. Later, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. Dinner.
Day 2 – Casablanca–Rabat–Meknes–Fez
- A short ride along the coast to Rabat, once a lair of the corsairs and now the country’s capital. Sightseeing includes the Royal Palace, Hassan Tower, and the Kasbah of Oudayas. You are reminded of the time when Morocco was the Roman province of Mauretania as you visit the fine ROMAN RELICS OF CHELLAH and its GARDENS. Next stop, Meknes—during your city sightseeing, see its monumental gates, mosque, palace, miles of protective walls and visit its STABLES. Travel east towards Fez, Morocco’s most enchanting city.
Day 3 – Fez–Ifrane–Erfoud
- Travel today into the very heart of Morocco. Morning break in the quiet, French-built alpine mountain resort of Ifrane. Verdant cedar forests give way to volcanic mountains and wind-swept plains as you motor across the Middle Atlas range to Midelt. Pass fortified mud-and-straw villages. Descend into the spectacular ZIZ GORGES and arrive in Er-Rachidia, an important crossroad once controlled by the French Foreign Legion. Afterwards, the landscape becomes progressively more arid and you enter a stony desert. On your last stretch to Erfoud, an unexpected and breathtaking surprise: the miraculous and peaceful oasis of Ziz Valley.
Day 4 – Erfoud–The Road of a Thousand Kasbahs–Ouarzazate
- Enjoy the drive through the eastern slopes of the Atlas Mountains and arrive at the Tinerhir oasis with its green valley of palms and local villages. Drive north to the impressive Todra Gorge, then west along the Dades Valley to the film capital of Morocco, Ouarzazate, for an overnight stay.
Day 5 – Marrakesh
- The included city sightseeing with a Local Guide starts this morning with an orientation drive followed by a walk through the ancient quarters to the fascinating JEMAA-EL-FNA SQUARE and its exotic bazaar, BAHIA PALACE, and SAADIAN TOMBS. You’ll really feel as if you’ve stopped the march of time. Marrakesh has always been a meeting place—first just a group of nomad tents, now a bustling city.
Day 6 – Marrakesh–Casablanca
- Leave Morocco’s magical city of Marrakesh for the journey back to Casablanca. In the afternoon, see the sights in the company of a Local Guide.
Day 7 – Casablanca
- Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. Checkout to airport
Please contact our professional tour handlers on any of the listed numbers on this website.