Treasures of China
Delve into the unique world of China during this magnificent vacation. Your first stop is Beijing, where as you’d expect, a highlight is your visit to the Great Wall of China. Known as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, it is the only man-made object that can be seen from space by the naked eye. As you walk along the wall, see how expansive it is and imagine what it was like to construct the wall—at a time without modern machinery to help! In Xi’an, visit the Terracotta Warriors—consisting of roughly 8,000 soldiers, chariots, and horses—constructed over 2,000 years ago to help China’s first emperor in the afterlife.
History, cultural immersion, and amazing sights await you on this fascinating journey through China!
Day 1 – Arrive in Beijing, China
- Welcome to China! Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.
Day 2 – Beijing
- Full-day sightseeing starts with a visit to TIAN’ANMEN SQUARE, the largest public square in the world. Next, explore the FORBIDDEN CITY, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest palace complex in the world. Once the home of China’s great emperors, today it showcases ancient Chinese architecture, landscaped gardens, and displays of rare art and artifacts. Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant, followed by free time to explore on your own. This evening, savor a special Globus Local Favorite PEKING DUCK WELCOME DINNER.
Day 3 – Beijing. Great Wall Excursion
- The GREAT WALL OF CHINA once stretched 4,000 miles across China’s barren northern terrain from the Bohai Sea to the Gobi Desert. Head north to a village where the Great Wall is well preserved and walk along the wall to enjoy sweeping vistas of this mammoth fortress. Return to Beijing for some time at your leisure. Tonight, you may choose to attend a performance of the Peking Opera, a traditional form of Chinese theater or attend the Legend of Kung Fu Show, with a fusion of kung fu, dance, and acrobatics.
Day 4 – Beijing–Xi’an
- Visit the TEMPLE OF HEAVEN and enjoy a rickshaw ride through one of Beijing’s Globus Local Favorite HUTONGS, the city’s ancient alleys. Experience life in this historic neighborhood as you are invited into the courtyard of a family’s home to learn more about their life.
Day 5 – Shanghai
- Sightseeing starts at the YU YUAN GARDENS, dating back to the Ming Dynasty. Then, learn about the silk-making process at a SILK FACTORY. For lunch, stop at a local restaurant for a traditional Globus Local Favorite DIM SUM feast. This culinary treat originated as a snack centuries ago in roadside teahouses established for weary traders traveling along the Silk Road and hard-working farmers. Today, it has evolved into a full meal featuring a wide variety of steamed buns, dumplings, and mini rice-noodle rolls. Enjoy the afternoon at your leisure. Perhaps visit Nanjing Road, Shanghai’s main pedestrian and shopping area with more than 400 stores. This evening, consider joining an optional tour to see a spectacular acrobatic show.
Day 6 – Shanghai
- Morning, visit to SHANGHAI MUSEUM, featuring stunning displays of ancient bronze, jade, and ceramics. Then, take a WALKING TOUR of the former French Concession, once Shanghai’s leading residential and retail area. Today, the qualities that made the area so popular endure—from quaint, tree-lined streets and exquisite architecture to charming shops and fashionable restaurants and bars. Along the way, see the famous Art Deco Cathay Theatre, explore the narrow lanes of Xintiandi, and visit Fuxing Park, where locals play chess, dance, practice tai chi, and more. The afternoon is at your leisure. This evening, your Tour Director hosts a special farewell dinner.
Day 7 – Shanghai
- Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. Check out for airport
Please contact our professional tour handlers on any of the listed numbers on this website.